Biomedical Science Departement
The vision of the Department of Biomedical Science is to build up quality human resource whose knowledge and contribution in Applied Health Care Sector will make our state healthy and strong. Preparing graduates to be the local leader in infectious disease research, paving the way to a healthier community, where everyone lives free from the fear and effects of infectious diseases. Biomedical Science in College of Science at KUST is to be is to be recognized locally as the leading body for biomedical science in our region for: 1) High standard informatics education. 2) Specifically, biomedical science services provision for the community. 3) Interdisciplinary research study in health sciences.
The mission of the Department of Biomedical Science is to provide a quality education in flexible mode across a broad spectrum of bioscience fields, building a new generation of highly qualified Biomedical graduates who will be able to meet the needs of the community in health systems and sharing scientific breakthroughs that protect you, your families and our community from the threat of infectious diseases. Fostering biomedical research in the region and through this promote a change in healthcare that will lead to improvements in the overall health of the population.
- Develop a new specialty in our community based on interdisciplinary sciences.
- Foster an exciting environment where teaching, research, and service will stimulate our students to serve as leaders of the people of this region and the world.
- Impact healthcare by translating our research knowledge into clinical applications and by building more research capacity in Kurdistan hospitals and primary care practices.
- Raise the quality of healthcare standards & facilitate medical breakthroughs by bringing innovative medical solutions and people together.
- Teach and train undergraduate and postgraduate students the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to become competent Biomedical scientist in health care systems.
- Apply our values, missions, visions and ethical bases in all aspects of interdisciplinary sciences.